For the following problems you don't need to contact us. We are working on a quick solution.
The use of Google Translate can given an issue if working in Dutch. There are some issues with giving reactions due to Google Translate. We are making a change to avoid this happening. Release foreseen in the weekend of 24 April.
In some rare cases, the 'copy link' doesn't work properly for inviting connections. If this happens, switch to a PC or invite users using email or QR-code.
Frequently asked questions
How can I install Quodari on my mobile device?
Quodari is a mobile web application. Therefore, you will not find our app in the app-store. However, you can easily install our app on your mobile phone or tablet. Watch the instruction How to install Quodari on a mobile device
- open the app in your browser on your device (app.quodari.com). Note: choose for Safari on iPhone/iPad
- click the 'share' button in your browser
- choose for 'home screen'.
Now you have the Quodari icon on your device and you can start using it!
Can I also use Quodari on my laptop or desktop?
You can use Quodari on any device that contains a browser. Go to app.quodari.com to login.
How can I organize my content in Quodari?
With Quodari you can organise your content using collections. Whether you want to store a note, memory or todo, everything works in the same simple way.
For each collection you define whether you want to keep the content for yourself or if you want to share it with trusted contacts: your family, friends or colleagues.
Looking for something you stored in Quodari? You can easily find it back. The name of the book you still wanted to read, that good restaurant in Paris that you would like to recommend to a friend... You can search for something specific or you can get surprised by the content of others in the 'Discover' page.
How can I create a new collection?
- Choose for 'Collections' in the main menu (on your desktop at the left hand side, on your mobile device at the bottom of the screen).
- Click on the "+" button in the right bottom corner of the screen to create a new collection.
- Enter a name for the collection, and optionally a description and photo (to make the collection easy to recognize).
- You can define whether you want to keep the content in this collection for yourself (Private), or whether you want to share it with others. For sharing you can choose between all your connections and specific collections.
- For specific connections: click on 'Select connections' and choose the people that you want to share the collection with.
- You can also create a new collection whilst adding a memo: click on 'Collection' and then 'Add collection' (at the bottom of the list with collections)
How can I share my memos with others?
You can organise your memos in collections. For each collection you choose whether you want to keep it for yourself (Private), to share with with all your connections, or to share it with specific connections. If you want to change the access to one of your collections, click on the context menu (3 dots at the right side of the collection) in the list with your collections. Choose for 'Edit'. Now you can change the access to your collection. You have the following possibilities:
- Private: you keep the memos within this collection for yourself
- All connections: all your connections
- Group: a selection of your connections.
- Public (only possible with paid subscription): everybody (also for non-Quodari users) who has received a link to the collection or to your public profile.
How can I add a connection?
If you want to share your content with family, friends or (for example) colleagues, they need to be added as a 'connection'. Whether or not somebody is already a user of Quodari, you can invite them to become a connection of you.
To do this, choose for 'Connections' via the address-book icon on the top of the screen. If you then choose for the "+" button you can invite somebody using email, a link or a QR code.
In case the person is not a Quodari user yet, he gets the option to register first.
A registered user can accept (or decline) your invitation.
Can I remove content?
Yes, you can delete memos or a complete collection (including all memos within that collection).
To delete a memo, click on 'Delete' in the context menu of the memo (the button with the 3 dots).
To remove a complete collection, go to 'Collections'. Select the collection that you want to remove and then select 'Delete' in the context menu.
Can I recover memos or collections that I have removed?
There is no 'Recycle bin' yet from which you would be able to recover deleted content. This will be included in one of the upcoming versions of Quodari.
How do I know whether others have shared new memos?
Quodari is conscious not to overload you with notifications. Therefore you don't get a notification for every new memo that is shared by others. Use the 'Discover' function to view what others have shared. On your mobile device this is the icon at the right in the bottom navigation bar. On your desktop computer or tablet just select 'Discover' menu on the left of the screen.
In this screen you see all content that has been shared by your connections. You can also search on descriptions and on the name of your contacts.
Alternatively you can look what memos and collections are shared by one of your connections. To do that, select one of your connections, for example using the list of your connections (the address book button in the header of the screen).
How can I change the language of the app?
You can change the language of the app and a few other things in your profile. Click on 'Account settings' in the main menu (the 3 bars at the right of the header).
In the account settings you can choose your preferred language. In the coming months the number of available languages will be extended.
Who can see my profile?
Only your connections can take a look at your profile. Furthermore you can define in 'Notifications and privacy' what kind of information is visible. You can hide your email address and phone number.
If you give a comment on a memo of one of your connections, then all users who can see the memo can see your comment. They will also see your name, but not your photo.
Which settings are available in 'Notifications and privacy'?
You can define:
- whether your connections can see your email address when looking at your profile
- whether your connections can see your phone number when looking at your profile
- whether your connections are allowed to copy your memos in order to store them in their own collections (for example: you have shared a tasty recipe that somebody wants to save in his own collection with recipes, or you have been visiting something together with one of your connections)
- whether your connections are allowed to provide comments (visible to others) related to your memos.
Where can I see how much storage space I have in use?
In your 'Account settings' we show how much space you currently have in use, and how much free space you still have available. For the free version of Quodari, everybody has 2Gb of storage space.
Can I upload my photos from Google Photos?
Yes, in principle you can load your photos and videos into a memo.
However there is an issue with Google Photos on Android. It's impossible to upload multiple photos from Google Photos on your Android device. It's a known issue for Android, and has nothing to do with our app...
Didn't you find the answer on your question or do you have a problem with the use of the app? Don't hesitate to contact us using the support page. We will help you as soon as possible.