Your content, our policy
Data privacy is the starting point of Quodari. We respect the privacy of the visitors to our website and the users of our app. We ensure the confidentiality of your personal data. A description of how we do this, what data we collect and process and for what purpose is given below.
2. The use of personal data
We obtain particular information from the visitors and users when they use our website www.quodari.com and our app 'Quodari'. This information could include personal data. We store and process only those personal data that are directly entered by you in the context of the desired service (for example using the contact form or when registering as a user of the app), or when it is clear that the information has been provided to us for the necessary processing. We will not use your personal data and content for any other purpose, except if you have given explicit consent or if we need to do so based on legal requirements or based on an agreement with you (such as a subscription agreement).
3. Purpose of usage
In order to offer you the best service, it is necessary in some cases to store your personal data. We use your personal data for the purposes of:
- providing access to certain parts of our website (for which login is required) and our app
- using functionalities of our website and app
- executing agreements, transactions and services (such as subscriptions)
- relationship management, such as contacting you when needed
- sending newsletters (or registering that you unsubscribed)
- getting insight in the use of our website and app
- developing our products and services
- developing our strategy and policy
- if needed tracing unlawful behaviour with regard to Quodari, its customers or its employees.
4. Description of the personal data
For the abovementioned purposes we may process - depending on the purpose - the following personal data:
- e-mail address (also username)
- country of residence
- telephone number (optional)
If you have a paid subscription:
- payment information
In the case of a subscription for a company/organisation:
- company name and address
- function within the organisation (optional)
- VAT number (optional)
- (mobile) phone number
Informatie ten behoeve van de goede werking van Quodari, zoals:
- welke informatie u met welke andere gebruikers deelt (op het niveau van 'collecties'
- welke informatie (zoals nieuwsbrieven en release notes) u heeft ontvangen van Quodari en op welk e-mail adres
Information for the proper functioning of Quodari, such as:
- which content you share with other users (at the level of collections);
- which information (such as newsletters and release notes) you have received from Quodari and on which email address.
If you are registered as a user of Quodari, you can always review the personal data that we have stored.
5. Personal content
All information and content (such as notes, photos, videos and documents) that you store using the Quodari app remain your property. We will not process this information, with the exception of the information mentioned above. We process information only for the purpose of a) indexing: this enables you (and people with whom you have shared your content) to retrieve your information using the search functionality; b) calculating the storage used.
6. Retention period
We do not keep your personal data longer than required for the purposes described in this privacy and cookie statement, and for complying with legal requirements. The personal content that you store using the Quodari app is stored until you remove this content. If you cancel your registration or subscription with Quodari, you get the option to immediately remove all personal content. If you do not take up this option, we keep your content for three months in case you re-activate your account using the same e-mail address.
7. Confidentiality and provision of data to third parties
We treat your personal data and content confidentially. The personal data and content that we collect through our website or app will not be disclosed to third parties for the direct marketing purposes of those parties. Furthermore, we will not disclose to third parties the data you have provided, except if you have given prior consent, or if such is required for the execution of an agreement between you and us, or if we are legally obliged to do so.
We do not carry out 'profiling' - composing a profile of you based on your personal data for the purposeof providing you with advertisements or other types of unrequested information.
8. Protection of data
Quodari makes use of carefully established procedures for the protection of the processed information. This includes measures to prevent others from obtaining unauthorised access to this information. We maximise the automation of transaction processing (such as payments) to avoid unnecessary access to your data by our employees. Furthermore we ensure that only the necessary persons have access to your personal data and that the access to your data is protected. In any case we make use of TLS connections when accessing your data.
- to enable certain functionalities of the website or app
- to protect the website, the app or your data and content (technical or functional cookies).
Below we give more explanation about the various categories of cookies.
9.2 Categories of cookies
Technical or functional cookies
The main purpose of these cookies is to save you time and effort. For example: if you adjust a webpage according to your personal preferences or if you navigate within the website, these settings (such as your choice of language for the website) are remembered by the cookies for future use. When you visit the website at a later stage, the provided data - which is stored in the cookies - can be retrieved, so you can use the website or app the way you customised it earlier.
We don't use analytical cookies on our website and on our platform.
9.3 Enabling or disabling cookies
You can choose whether or not to accept cookies. In most browsers, cookies are accepted by default but you are free to change the settings of the browser to ensure that cookies are not accepted. You will find detailed instructions on the help page of your browser. If you choose not to accept cookies, you might lose some interactive features of our website and the app.
9.4 Removal of cookies
Most cookies have an expiry date. This means that they automatically expire after a certain period: old cookie content is not used anymore within the website or app. You can also choose to remove the cookie content manually before the expiry date. For more information about the removal of the cookies, consult the help function or manual of your browser.
10. Your legal rights
If you have any questions or if you want to know which of your personal data we have stored, you can always contact us. You can do this via the contact page on our website.
You have the following rights:
- to get an explanation about which of your personal data we store and what we do with it
- to get information about which of your personal data that we have stored
- to get mistakes in your personal data rectified
- to have outdated personal data removed or corrected
- to withdraw a specific consent (for storage or processing of personal data)
- to make a complaint about a specific processing of your personal data
- data portability: to obtain your data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Please clearly indicate who you are (name and e-mail address) so we are sure not to disclose, rectify or remove the wrong person's information.
Before we carry out any change or removal, we always contact you for verification. You have the right to review your personal data that we keep. A request for review, rectification or removal can be sent to us via the contact page on our website. We will reply to your request as soon as possible, but within no more than four weeks.
11. Changes to this privacy and cookie statement
If we make changes to this privacy and cookie statement, such changes will be published on our website. It is recommended that you review this statement regularly so to get information about any changes. Important changes that apply to the usage of our app will be communicated explicitly to the user via the app.
12. Contact information
13. Data Protection Authority
Obviously we are happy to help you in case you have complaints about the processing of your personal data. Based on the privacy regulation you have the right to make a complaint to the Data Protection Authority in the Netherlands. You can contact them via the following link: Autoriteit persoonsgegevens.